Our Mother Earth is intelligent, sentient, and always communicating with us. Learning to interpret the language of nature can make us excellent herbalists by upping our ability to source directly from our earth for healing wisdom. This class will help you develop the basic building blocks of an ancient nature vocabulary based on symbols, archetypes, elements, signatures, and myths so that you can better decipher earthly wisdom and live in balance with all our relations. Join Deep ecologist Jolie Elan as we align with the powers of nature and orient ourselves within the Four Fold Path and Web of Life. Together we will explore a holistic framework for deepening our rapport with Nature, self, and spirit.
In this introductory class we will cover:
- How nature speaks to us in symbols and signs
- How to attune to the language of nature
- The Four Fold Path
- Universal cycles of nature, medicine, and health
- Building our personal maps to holistically orient us with the great web of life.
- Growing spiritual relationships with medicine plants
- Animal archetypes and how to work with them
- 2 hour presentation (webinar recording with slideshow presentation)
- Option to attend live-online class and enjoy recording at your leisure
- Q&A with teacher during and after class
- 1-year access to recording and online Q&A with our teacher, Jolie!
Tuesday, September 15th
7:00 - 9:00pm US Central
Live-Online (Details on how to attend are in the Welcome email and Welcome section of the site. We use Zoom webinar services for our live-online classes.)
Recording (The recording will be available within 2 days of the live-online event.)
Full details on how to attend online are in the Welcome email and Welcome section.
Jolie Elan, M.S. is the founding director of Go Wild Institute, which offers educational and mentoring programs that weave science, myth, and spirit to awaken our nature and find balance in the great web of life. Jolie is a deep ecologist, herbalist, consulting botanist, and educator. She has inspired thousands of people to deepen their relationship with nature. Jolie has worked with ethnobotanical projects on four continents including developing the herbal medicine sector in war torn Kosovo and restoring sacred forest groves in India.
Jolie has studied both herbalism and botany for twenty-five years and has taught botany to herbalists for almost a decade. She also acts as a spiritual companion for those who wish to increase their intimacy with the divine, especially through the natural world.
Jolie received her B.A. from the Evergreen State College in Environmental Studies, her Master’s degree in Natural Resources from Humboldt State University, and her certification in Spiritual Direction from the Chaplaincy Institute.
Check out Jolie's fascinating "Intelligence of Nature" that inspired this class.